Fruity Greek Salad
Peaches and oranges add a tasty twist to this Greek salad. The ingredients really complement each other.—Sue Donnan, Bellevill, Ontario
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 12 cups torn romaine
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup canned unsweetened peach slices, cut into thirds
- 10 pitted whole ripe olives
- 3 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar and seasonings; shake well. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 94 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Fruity Greek Salad in Country Woman January/February 2002