Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1-1/4 cups honey
- 1/2 cup Grape-Nuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups Wheaties
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried banana chips
- In a large bowl, combine oats and almonds; spread evenly in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the honey, Grape-Nuts, butter and cinnamon. Add oat mixture; stir to combine. Return mixture to the pan. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until golden. Cool on wire rack.
- When cool enough to handle, break granola into pieces. Place in a large bowl; stir in the Wheaties, cranberries, raisins and banana chips. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 2 months.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 183 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Oct 11, 2013
I have to admit, I'm not normally a granola lover. But, I thought this was easy and delicious!
May 5, 2013
I make this all the time. It is great on top of cereal in the morning or a quick easy snack!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.