Fruity French Toast
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 4 slices Texas toast
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 large strawberries, sliced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Maple syrup
- Place banana slices on two slices of toast. Sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon confectioners' sugar. Top with strawberries and remaining toast. In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg, milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Dip toast in egg mixture, coating both sides.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; cook toast for 2-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining confectioners' sugar. Serve with maple syrup.
Feb 7, 2017
Jul 18, 2015
I finally got around to trying these, and will make again. DELISH! I agree with s_pants, a few pieces of banana, strawberry fell out, but no problem sticking them back in, and I was able to flip them over just fine.
Sep 13, 2011
As with the previous reviewer, the bananas and strawberries did fall out while turning, but I just stuck them back in...it was only one or two each time. I normally don't like bananas in sweet items, but I thought these were very good. My husband wants me to try it on regular bread.
May 8, 2011
I recommend just making the french toast first and then putting the strawberries and bananas aftweward. It was too difficult to flip, the berries and banana slices kept sliding out.