"Your guests are sure to have fun guessing what's in this dip-it has such a variety of flavors," say Phyllis Shaughnessy of Livonia, New York. "In addition to fruit, you can serve it with fresh veggies or herbed crackers."
Recommended: 27 Protein Powerhouse Snacks
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large grapefruit
- 1/4 cup 100% apricot fruit spread
- 1/4 cup reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 1/4 to 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups (16 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted, divided
- Assorted fresh fruit
- Cut grapefruit in half. With a sharp knife, slice between membrane of each section and the peel. Remove sections and chop; discard juice. Remove membranes from grapefruit shells. Refrigerate shells until serving.
- In a bowl, combine the fruit spread, marmalade, almond extract and chopped grapefruit. Stir in yogurt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Set aside 1 tablespoon almonds. Chop remaining almonds. Just before serving, stir chopped almonds into dip. Spoon into reserved grapefruit shells. Sprinkle with sliced almonds. Serve with fruit. Yield: 2-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Fruity Dip in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p20