I RECEIVED this recipe from a friend a long time ago, and it's been a family favorite ever since. The tartness of the slaw and the sweetness of the fruit give it a unique flavor. We like it best served with ham or pork chops. —Margaret Wampler Butler, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 3/4 cup mandarin oranges
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice. In a bowl, combine pineapple, cabbage, oranges and carrot; mix well. Combine onion, oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and reserved pineapple juice; stir into cabbage mixture. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 227 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Fruity Coleslaw in Reminisce Extra August 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.