Fruity Chocolate Tortilla Cups
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1 pound fresh apricots, halved
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 3 small plums, sliced
- 2 medium peaches, sliced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Spread butter over one side of each tortilla. Press tortillas, butter side down, into ungreased 8-oz. custard cups. Place on a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove tortilla cups from custard cups; cool on wire racks.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over insides of tortilla cups; refrigerate for 3-4 minutes or until set.
- For filling, in a food processor, combine apricots and honey; process until smooth. In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, plums and peaches; add apricot mixture and gently toss to coat. Spoon 1/2 cup into each tortilla cup.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Dollop onto fruit.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 317 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 247mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 14, 2014
These were great I made a few changes, but overall it was good.
Jun 17, 2010
I made these fruit cups for a Cinco de Mayo celebration at work and received rave reviews! My 12 year old daughter helped make the tortilla cups and drizzled the chocolate and felt like a gourmet chef. We are repeating the recipe for our older daughter's graduation party! Definitely a keeper!