Fruity Chicken Salad for Two Recipe
This quick and easy dish features a nice combination of flavors, textures and colors. The recipe is adequate for two, but if you'd like to serve it as a luncheon entree, simply double or triple the ingredients. -Eleanor Loughlin, Southport, North Carolina
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, divided
- 2 cups coarsely chopped Boston lettuce
- 1-1/3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 small apple, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Lettuce leaves
- 1. Peel avocado; cut in half lengthwise and remove pit. Slice half of the avocado; brush with half of the lemon juice. Chop the remaining avocado; toss with remaining lemon juice.
- 2. In a large bowl, gently combine the lettuce, chopped avocado, chicken, pineapple, apple, pecans and mayonnaise. Serve on lettuce-lined plates; top with sliced avocado. Yield: 2-3 servings.
1 each: 520 calories, 41g fat (6g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Fruity Chicken Salad for Two
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC