Fruity Carrot Salad
I get our kids to eat raw carrots by grating them and mixing them with lots of colorful, naturally sweet fruit. Sometimes I add marshmallows and a creamy dressing to camouflage the carrots.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 medium carrots, grated
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup halved maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a large bowl, combine the carrots, marshmallows, pineapple, raisins, coconut and cherries. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and juices. Fold in whipped cream. Pour over carrot mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Originally published as Fruity Carrot Salad in Taste of Home February/March 1999