Fruity Blueberry Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg; beat well. Combine milk and water. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture. Fold in blueberries.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 350° for 27-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pans for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 191 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jul 30, 2013
It's a very dense and not moist at all
Jul 7, 2011
Quick and easy. Very nice flavor not overly sweat.
May 7, 2011
We sprinkles a little sugar on top before baking. My daughter loved them.
Jun 6, 2010
I have made these muffins many times and I am alwasys asked for the recipe. People can not believe that they are healthy muffins!
Jan 26, 2010
I made this with dried blueberries it came out really good ! I think I will use frozen next time,I think that is what made them taste dry and not sweet.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.