Fruits of the Forest Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup salted cashew halves
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate and flute edges. Sprinkle macadamia nuts and hazelnuts into the pastry shell. Arrange cashews, pecans and almonds over the chopped nuts.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, corn syrup, sugars, butter, vanilla and salt until well blended. Pour over nuts.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. (Cover edges with foil during the last 10 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary.) Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 22, 2010
It was great! Made it twice! The first time I could not find hazelnuts, so made it without. The second time I found the hazelnuts, but we decided we like it better without the hazelnuts. It was delicious!
Nov 2, 2009
Made it last Thanksgiving and couldn't find my recipe. Thanks for having it up again. We loved it!