Fruited Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries, patted dry
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, pineapple, pecans, raisins, dates and cherries.
- 2. Pour into two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until bread pulls away from sides of pans and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 slice: 196 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Fruited Zucchini Bread
"This was so good. I used fresh cherries instead of marchino and didnt add the dates. It was easy enough for my 11 year old to make and it turned out moist and scrumptious!!"