Fruited Wild Rice Pilaf
Crunchy apples and pecans give traditional wild rice a tasty twist. This dish pairs well with a variety of meaty entrees. —Becky Burch, Marceline, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 55 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 cups hot water
- 3/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the water, rice and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-55 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat; fold in apple, pecans and lemon zest if desired.