Fruited Turkey Salad Pitas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 8 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 16 romaine leaves
- 8 slices red onion, separated into rings
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, celery, apple, spinach, cranberries and pecans. Add yogurt mixture and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Line pita halves with lettuce and onion; fill each with 1/2 cup turkey mixture.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 393 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 501mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Aug 16, 2013
We have made this with chicken and everyone loves it! It's especially great in croissants.
Nov 25, 2010
I made this to take to a church homegroup meeting and it got wonderful reviews.!
Jun 5, 2009
I made this with chicken breast and it was delicious! Full of good things, too! I buy pita pockets that come cut in halves and formed open for ease of filling. Wonderful for this recipe. Five stars!