Fruited Turkey Salad Pitas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 8 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 16 romaine leaves
- 8 slices red onion, separated into rings
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, celery, apple, spinach, cranberries and pecans. Add yogurt mixture and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Line pita halves with lettuce and onion; fill each with 1/2 cup turkey mixture.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 393 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 501mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Aug 16, 2013
We have made this with chicken and everyone loves it! It's especially great in croissants.
Nov 25, 2010
I made this to take to a church homegroup meeting and it got wonderful reviews.!
Jun 5, 2009
I made this with chicken breast and it was delicious! Full of good things, too! I buy pita pockets that come cut in halves and formed open for ease of filling. Wonderful for this recipe. Five stars!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.