Fruited Spinach Salad
I had a similar salad in a restaurant and thought it was great, so I came up with this recipe to prepare at home. I love the way the light, sweet dressing tops the refreshing salad ingredients. — Kate Reynolds, Seattle, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons raspberry jam or spreadable fruit
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 red apple, chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Drain oranges, reserving 1/2 cup juice. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine oil, jam, vinegar and reserved juice; shake well. In a large salad bowl, toss oranges, spinach, apple and pecans. Serve with the dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 223 calories, 18g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 3, 2010
Delicious...with the following alterations. We had strawberry-rhubarb jam home (which worked fine) and only used 1/2 cup chopped pecans, which added plenty of crunch for our liking.~ Theresa