- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons raspberry jam or spreadable fruit
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 red apple, chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Drain oranges, reserving 1/2 cup juice. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine oil, jam, vinegar and reserved juice; shake well. In a large salad bowl, toss oranges, spinach, apple and pecans. Serve with the dressing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forFruited Spinach Salad
"Delicious...with the following alterations. We had strawberry-rhubarb jam home (which worked fine) and only used 1/2 cup chopped pecans, which added plenty of crunch for our liking.~ Theresa"