Fruited Sausage Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 package (16 ounces) fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1. In a large skillet, bring the pineapple and sausage to a boil. Combine the brown sugar and cornstarch; add to the skillet. Stir in the oranges and blueberries. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 5 servings.
1 each: 457 calories, 25g fat (9g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 986mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Fruited Sausage
"I used frozen blueberries and everything turned blue. The picture looks better so I might use fresh next time."