Roseann Loker's glazed combination of sausage and fruit is a welcome addition to a breakfast buffet. "I often stretch it by adding whatever fruit I have on hand, such as apples, peaches or cranberries," notes the Vicksburg, Michigan reader. "I've also served it over noodles or rice as a skillet supper."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 package (16 ounces) Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Polish Kielbasa Sausage Rope, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large skillet, bring the pineapple and sausage to a boil. Combine the brown sugar and cornstarch; add to the skillet. Stir in the oranges and blueberries. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 457 calories, 25g fat (9g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 986mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Fruited Sausage in Quick Cooking September/October 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.