Fruited Sausage Stuffing
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, saute celery and onions in butter until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing cubes, broth, walnuts, cranberries, apricots, parsley, rosemary, pepper sausage and onion mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 259 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 538mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Jan 21, 2011
Very good blend of flavors. It did not serve 13...more like 8 servings.
Nov 22, 2010
Made this the first time for a dinner party. It was a little dry but delicious. Even better reheated (add more chicken broth) and eat for breakfast!!!
Nov 20, 2010
This is excellent. The combination of sausage, cranberries and apricots are delicious.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.