Fruited Rice Mix
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
Makesabout 5 cups dry mix (each cup makes 4-6 servings)
- 3 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup chopped dried apples
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup chicken bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.
- To prepare rice mix: In a large saucepan, combine 1 cup mix with 2 cups water and 2 tablespoons butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until water is absorbed.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 121 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 424mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 10, 2017
I fixed this rice and everyone loved it.
Apr 30, 2012
Thank you so much for resurrecting this recipe! I had lost it and now it's here! This makes the most delicious side dish. I've even had it for breakfast!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.