Fruited Rice Mix
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
Makesabout 5 cups dry mix (each cup makes 4-6 servings)
- 3 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup chopped dried apples
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup chicken bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.
- To prepare rice mix: In a large saucepan, combine 1 cup mix with 2 cups water and 2 tablespoons butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until water is absorbed.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 121 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 424mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 10, 2017
I fixed this rice and everyone loved it.
Apr 30, 2012
Thank you so much for resurrecting this recipe! I had lost it and now it's here! This makes the most delicious side dish. I've even had it for breakfast!