- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 bottle (2 liters) ginger ale, chilled
- 3 cups strong brewed tea, chilled
- 3 cups cold orange juice
- 3 cups cold unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 cups thinly sliced fresh strawberries or frozen unsweetened sliced strawberries
- For sugar syrup, combine sugar and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3-4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Cool completely. Transfer to a covered container; refrigerate until cold, about 1 hour.
- To serve, combine ginger ale, tea, fruit juices and sugar syrup in a punch bowl. Or, divide ingredients between two pitchers and stir to combine. Serve with strawberries. Yield: 24 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews forFruited Punch
"I have been making this punch for more than 50 years, since I was in high school and worked at a store that used it for their yearly open house! It is exactly the same recipe except that my recipe has 1/4 c. less sugar, and I now use diet ginger ale. I have given out the recipe more times than I can count, and the recipe card is so stained that I barely read it anymore! This is an extremely refreshing punch with its tea base and is not overly sweet as are so many punch recipes. It's as suitable for brunch as it is for afternoon tea."
"I made this for a bridal shower yesterday and everyone agreed it is delicious! I will definitely making it again I did forget to add the lemon juice, so I'll remember that next time! I used decaf tea bags for the brewed tea so those of who can't have caffeine could enjoy it, too. Delicious punch recipe that I know I will be using for many occasions!"
"I made this for a Christmas Eve family party and it got rave reviews from everyone! This is the BEST punch recipe I've found anywhere. It's so easy, and VERY tasty. Family members requested the recipe so they could make it when they got home! I did try it a second time and used green tea rather than regular tea, and it was just as good, and it kept the light color as in the picture."