Fruited Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned or cooked pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1. In a mixing bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg; add to the pumpkin mixture and mix well. Fold in dates, walnuts and apricots. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 slice: 228 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Fruited Pumpkin Bread
"I made this bread yesterday and have to admit that I think it is the best pumpkin bread I have eaten. My husband and I had a piece warm out of the oven and swooned. It can't get any better than this. The only thing I did differently was use pecans instead of walnuts. Also, I started checking the bread at 55 minutes and it only had 5 more minutes until done so start checking early. I absolutely highly recommend this recipe as a volunteer field editor for Taste of Home."