Fruited Pumpkin Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + cooling
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- In a bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients; mix well. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg; add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Fold in dates, walnuts and apricots. Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 228 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Feb 11, 2015
I made this bread yesterday and have to admit that I think it is the best pumpkin bread I have eaten. My husband and I had a piece warm out of the oven and swooned. It can't get any better than this. The only thing I did differently was use pecans instead of walnuts. Also, I started checking the bread at 55 minutes and it only had 5 more minutes until done so start checking early. I absolutely highly recommend this recipe as a volunteer field editor for Taste of Home.