- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned or cooked pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg; add to the pumpkin mixture and mix well. Fold in dates, walnuts and apricots. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews forFruited Pumpkin Bread
"I made this bread yesterday and have to admit that I think it is the best pumpkin bread I have eaten. My husband and I had a piece warm out of the oven and swooned. It can't get any better than this. The only thing I did differently was use pecans instead of walnuts. Also, I started checking the bread at 55 minutes and it only had 5 more minutes until done so start checking early. I absolutely highly recommend this recipe as a volunteer field editor for Taste of Home."