Fruited Pot Roast Recipe
This is a wonderful variation of classic pot roast. My family really enjoys it. The fruit is a nice change from the usual vegetables that normally accompany this dish.—Linda South, Pineville, North Carolina
- 1 package (7 ounces) mixed dried fruit
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) unsweetened apple juice
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place fruit and onion in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker; add apple juice. Top with roast; sprinkle with seasonings.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Serve beef with fruit mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 359 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 266mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Fruited Pot Roast
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC