This is a wonderful variation of classic pot roast. My family really enjoys it. The fruit is a nice change from the usual vegetables that normally accompany this dish.—Linda South, Pineville, North Carolina
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Recipes to Make This Summer
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (7 ounces) mixed dried fruit
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) unsweetened apple juice
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place fruit and onion in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker; add apple juice. Top with roast; sprinkle with seasonings.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Serve beef with fruit mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fruited Pot Roast in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2009, p37