Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1/2 cup fat-free Catalina salad dressing
- 2 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork loin chops, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup water, salad dressing, soy sauce, vinegar and reserved pineapple juice; set aside. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in oil until no longer pink. Add the green pepper, onion and pineapple; stir-fry for 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften. Stir in salad dressing mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 273 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 462mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 10, 2012
I feel like I'm eating real chinese take-out! I didn't have Catalina dressing, so I used creamy french....still tastes like a million bucks. Fast and fairly easy. Will make again.