- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves, warmed, divided
- Place cranberries and apricots in a small bowl; add boiling water. Soak for 8 minutes; drain. In a small skillet, saute the onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the pecans, cranberries and apricots.
- Make a lengthwise slit down the center of each tenderloin, cutting two-thirds of the way through the meat. Place on a greased rack in a broiler pan; open tenderloins so they lie flat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Brush with half of the preserves; top with fruit mixture. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Drizzle with remaining preserves. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forFruited Pork Tenderloin
"This is a delicious main dish. Not difficult at all. Highly recommended."