Fruited Pork Picante
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 cups chunky salsa
- 1/3 cup peach preserves or peach spreadable fruit
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Toss pork with taco seasoning mix. In a skillet sprayed with cooking spray, brown pork over medium heat. Add red pepper; cook for 1 minute. Add salsa and preserves; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pork is tender. Add peas; cook and stir over medium heat until tender. Serve over rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 260 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 582mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.
Apr 7, 2014
This was really good! We needed to use up some fresh snow peas so this was perfect. We added some chopped mango as well as some fresh cilantro. Even my 4 year old liked it. Will make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.