- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup raisins
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, oregano, salt, garlic powder and pepper; add the pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a nonstick skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a bowl, combine the 3/4 cup pineapple juice with reserved pineapple juice. Stir in the water, brown sugar, onion and tomato paste; pour over chops. Sprinkle with raisins.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Stir in reserved pineapple. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forFruited Pork Chops
"This was very good and easy. The entire family enjoyed it! I did replace the raisins with craisins because we prefer them."
"Brown sugar, pineapple juice and raisins? You call this diabetic friendly? I am diabetic and my blood sugar would spike dangerously if I ate this!"
"One of my favorite recipes for chops. I would served to guests for an elegant meal without hesitation. We really enjoyed it."
"I didn't really like this recipe. I thought that it lacked flavor. I salvaged this by making the Savory Beer Porkchops recipe."
"A really flavorful dish - unique flavors that really compliment each other and a fantastic make-ahead dinner."