Fruited Mini Loaves
A lovely brown crust surrounds these miniature loaves packed with yummy goodies like pineapple, apricots, raisins and pecans. "I make them ahead and freeze them for busy times," writes Suzanne McKinley from Lyons, Georgia. "They're great for breakfast."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, butter and egg. Add pineapple and milk; mix well. Combine the dry ingredients; add to butter mixture just until moistened. Stir in the pecans, apricots and raisins. Pour into three greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 240 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Fruited Mini Loaves in Quick Cooking May/June 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.