Fruited Goat Cheese Stuffing Recipe
- 1 pound whole wheat bread, cubed
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh marjoram or 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1. Place bread cubes in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until toasted; set aside to cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the dates, onion, sage, rosemary and marjoram in butter until onion is tender. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Place bread cubes in a large bowl. Stir in the onion mixture, cherries, salt and pepper. Add broth; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese; toss gently.
- 4. Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 299 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 665mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 6g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Fruited Goat Cheese Stuffing
"I wanted to love this recipe - I was so excited to make it. But no one in my house would eat it, including me. I think 3 cups of chicken broth is too much and the whole wheat bread taste is too strong - maybe use white bread or half white half whole wheat. I like the dried fruit and goat cheese but my husband did not. The whole dish was very mushy. It also dirties up a lot of dishes!"