Fruited Floret Salad
Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and peas are mixed together with juicy sweet grapes in this crunchy refreshing salad that always wins compliments! You can personalize the recipe by substituting your favorite vegetables and fruits. -Teresa Gunnell Leesburg, Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 1 medium bunch)
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets (about 1 medium head)
- 6 large carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup seedless green grapes
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels or mixed nuts, optional
- In a large serving bowl, toss the broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peas, celery, grapes and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, milk, vinegar and sugar; pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 62 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 172mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Originally published as Fruited Floret Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2004