Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Hot cooked rice
- Place onion and chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the orange juice, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, orange zest and garlic; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with apricots and cranberries.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with rice. Freeze option: Freeze cooled chicken mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, gently stirring and adding a little broth or water if necessary.
Feb 26, 2014
Delicious! I browned the chicken in some butter before placing it in the crock pot, but other than that I would not change a thing.
Sep 4, 2013
Horrible! I'm sorry to say. Very disappointed. Ingredients sounded like a flavorful dish, but I took one taste and the sauce was not good. Lost $$ as well since the apricots and cranberries cost a lot. First dud from taste of home.
Jul 17, 2011
The apricots and cranberries went quite well with the chicken! The dish wasn't TOO fruity, but the unique flavors made the dish a pleasant delight.
Jan 27, 2011
Served it to company and they enjoyed it as much as I did...I thought it would have more of a citrus taste, but still very good...
Apr 11, 2010
The combination of flavors was strange. Did not taste very good. I definitely would not make it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.