Fruited Chicken Spinach Salad
This is my favortie luncheon salad for summertime. It's cool, colorful and always brings compliments to the chef. I like to serve it with a crusty loaf of French bread and tall glasses of iced tea—very refreshing!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 10 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- Combine first six ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Chill for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, combine spinach, mandarin oranges, strawberries and chicken in a large salad bowl. Pour dressing over and toss lightly.
Originally published as Fruited Chicken Salad in Reminisce Extra June 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.