Fruited Cabbage Potluck Salad
This refreshing salad is always a hit when I take it to picnics, family get-togethers and church supper.—Rita Rial, Rochester, New Hampshire
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 2 medium tangerines, peeled, sectioned and seeded
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- In a large bowl, layer the cabbage, bananas and tangerines. Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Place pineapple over tangerines.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and reserved pineapple juice until smooth; drizzle over salad. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Toss just before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 80 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Fruited Cabbage Salad in The Best of Country Cooking 2005
Mar 11, 2012
Next time Ill double the mayo and pineapple juice sauce but other than that it was delicious. Interesting variety of fruit mixed with the cabbage makes this a unique salad. Would be good for potlucks.