Fruited Broccoli Salad
“My husband is not usually a salad eater,” Jad Monson explains from Spooner, Wisconsin. “When I developed this sweet dressing and salad for him, he loved it and so have many others at church dinners, picnics and family gatherings.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 1 large bunch)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, broccoli, celery, grapes, almonds and chives.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar and reserved juice. Pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 294 calories, 23g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Broccoli Fruit Salad in Quick Cooking November/December 2005
Mar 12, 2012
I made this for a family dinnner and everyone loved it.
Feb 29, 2012
This is delicious! I used all green grapes. I also used Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil & Cracked Pepper instead of just regular mayonnaise. Yum!~ Theresa