These great cookies will be the favorite of the holiday season. Family and guests will be requesting the recipe.—Lana Rulevish, Ashley, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 120 wafers)
- 3/4 cup halved green candied cherries
- 3/4 cup halved red candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour melted butter in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle evenly with wafer crumbs. Arrange cherries, pineapple, dates and pecans evenly over the crumbs; press down gently. Combine milk and vanilla; pour over fruit. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 167 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Fruitcake Squares in Country Woman November/December 1992
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.