"This citrus and spice sauce for fresh fruit is such a success that I had to share the recipe," remarks Diane Hixon of Niceville, Florida. It's terrific alongside fruit kabobs or tossed into a medley.
Recommended: Summer Fruit Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat lemon yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 large firm bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 medium cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 3 cups seeded cubed watermelon
- Place the water and raisins in a bowl; let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the yogurt, ginger, allspice and cardamom in another bowl. Drain raisins; stir into yogurt mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Toss bananas in lemon juice. Alternately thread fruit on wooden skewers or place in a serving bowl. Serve with yogurt sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fruit with Yogurt Sauce in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p61