Fruit Volcano Cake
Eating light is easy with scrumptious recipes like this pretty and fruity cake, says Elizabeth Kinn of Derby, New York.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free peach yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine yogurt and vanilla; add to dry ingredients just until combined. In a bowl, beat egg substitute on medium speed for 2 minutes; fold into batter. Pour into a 9-in. round baking pan coated with cooking spray. Arrange peach slices around the edge of pan. Sprinkle with berries. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over fruit. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and peaches are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 159 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit.
Originally published as Fruit Volcano Cake in Taste of Home April/May 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.