"This cool refreshing dessert is easy to make for guests," remarks Cindy Neff of Colorado Springs, Colorado. "I love the contrast of sweet and tart, warm and cold." she explains.
Recommended: 9 Snack Ideas for Kids
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen sliced peaches, thawed and chopped
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 4 scoops frozen vanilla yogurt
- In a skillet, melt butter over low heat. Stir in the lime juice, honey, bananas and peaches. Cook and stir gently for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Place kiwi and strawberries in dessert dishes; top with frozen yogurt and banana mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fruit-Topped Frozen Yogurt in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p11