I love to try new dessert recipes...and so does my family! We really enjoy these chocolate chip cookie bars dressed up with strawberries and a fluffy white- chocolate mixture.
Recommended: 30 Easier-Than-Pie Summer Fruit Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 squares (1 ounce each) white baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, well drained
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine white chocolate and milk. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until chocolate is melted. Stir until smooth; set aside. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in white chocolate mixture. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- Arrange strawberries and oranges over the top. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Drizzle over fruit. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chilled. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Fruit-Topped Dessert Squares in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p204