This pretty pastry is quick and easy to prepare yet looks like it came from a fancy bakery. Baked in a tart pan, it's quite delicate looking. --Peggy Fleming
Recommended: Our Favorite Summer Fruit Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar pears, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Coat a 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom with cooking spray; set aside. In a small bowl, beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar for 2 minutes or until crumbly. Beat in flour and nuts. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of prepared pan.
- In another small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in 1/4 cup sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth; spread over crust. Arrange pears over cream cheese layer. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over pears.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until filling is set and a thermometer reads 160°.
- Cool for 1 hour on a wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pear Tart in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p275
Reviews forFruit Tart
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review