Fruit-Stuffed Pork Roast
"This moist flavorful roast, with its fruit filling and tangy glaze, has become a tradition at our family events," reports Theresa McIlveen of Turner Valley, Alberta. "It's not tricky to prepare and is so impressive on the table."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hous + standing
- 3/4 cup diced pitted dried plums
- 3/4 cup diced dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- In a bowl, combine the plums, apricots, ginger, 3/4 teaspoon cumin, orange zest, cinnamon, salt and pepper; set aside. Untie roast and separate pieces. Spoon fruit mixture onto one piece. Top with the second piece; retie with kitchen string. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Combine the brown sugar, flour, cornstarch, mustard, vinegar and remaining cumin until smooth; rub over roast. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer in the pork reads 145°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.