I created this recipe to serve at the wedding dinner for the pastor of our church. After experimenting with a lot of chicken dishes, I finally hit on a winner. The bride and groom were pleased. -Claudette Mogle, Federal Way, Washington
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons chopped dried apricots
- 3 tablespoons chopped dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons chopped pitted dried plums
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Combine the apricots, cranberries and plums; place half on each chicken breast. Roll up tightly; secure with toothpicks Place seam side down in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a saucepan, combine preserves and lemon juice. Cook and stir for 5 minutes over medium heat; pour half over the chicken. Keep the remaining sauce warm.
- Bake the chicken, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until juices run clear. Serve with warm sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 407 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 76g carbohydrate (65g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Fruit-Stuffed Chicken in Reminisce Extra December 2002