Fruit-Stuffed Acorn Squash
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped tart apples
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Add 1 in. of hot water to the pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Drain water from pan; turn squash cut side up. Sprinkle with salt. Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon into squash. Bake 40-50 minutes longer or until squash is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 240 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 6g fiber), 2g protein.
Feb 10, 2016
I prepared this delicious dish tonight and we gobbled it down. This is definitely a 5-star recipe. My hubby, who can take squash or leave it, ate every last bite. We will be having this recipe again. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home.
Nov 24, 2010
It's so scarfy!! Wherever I take it, I never have any left to take home and everyone always asks for the recipe!
Nov 3, 2010
This is the only way I cook acorn squash now.
Nov 23, 2009
I loved acorn squash as a child but could not figure out how to cook it as an adult. I found this recipe and tried it. Now my husband loves it too and we have it every holiday. The sweet and sour filling adds so much flavor.