Fruit-Stuffed Acorn Squash
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped tart apples
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Add 1 in. of hot water to the pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Drain water from pan; turn squash cut side up. Sprinkle with salt. Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon into squash. Bake 40-50 minutes longer or until squash is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 240 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 6g fiber), 2g protein.
Feb 10, 2016
I prepared this delicious dish tonight and we gobbled it down. This is definitely a 5-star recipe. My hubby, who can take squash or leave it, ate every last bite. We will be having this recipe again. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home.
Nov 24, 2010
It's so scarfy!! Wherever I take it, I never have any left to take home and everyone always asks for the recipe!
Nov 3, 2010
This is the only way I cook acorn squash now.
Nov 23, 2009
I loved acorn squash as a child but could not figure out how to cook it as an adult. I found this recipe and tried it. Now my husband loves it too and we have it every holiday. The sweet and sour filling adds so much flavor.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.