This frosty favorite from Betty Webb of Nauvoo, Illinois is a great brunch basic or springtime snack. Pour the entire batch into one container to freeze, then scoop out single servings. Or spoon the colorful medley into individual plastic cups before freezing.
Recommended: 22 Best Mocktails: Fresh, Fizzy & Not-Too-Sweet
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups water
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup lemonade concentrate
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup halved maraschino cherries
- In a saucepan, combine the water, sugar and concentrates. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Stir in the fruit. Pour into a shallow 3-qt. freezer container. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 1 hour before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Fruit Slush Cups in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p44
Reviews forFruit Slush Cups
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review