- 1 medium head cabbage
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup halved green grapes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- To prepare the cabbage serving bowl, gently peel back outer leaves of the cabbage. Hollow out cabbage, leaving a 1/4-in. shell and the core intact; set aside. Chop removed cabbage leaves. Place 2 cups chopped cabbage in a large bowl (refrigerate remaining cabbage for another use). Add oranges, pineapple, carrots, apple and grapes.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine oil, lemon juice, honey and ginger; shake well. Pour over slaw and toss to coat. Spoon into cabbage bowl. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forFruit Slaw in a Cabbage Bowl
"Awesome idea! I'll have to try that!"