Serve this fruity salsa anywhere you'd use ordinary salsa. My son and I experimented with different ingredients to find the combination we liked best. Preparing it in a slow cooker is really convenient. —Florence Buchkowsky, Prince Albert, Saskatchewan
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) sliced peaches, undrained
- 3/4 cup DOLE pineapple tidbits
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Tortilla chips
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine cornstarch and vinegar until smooth. Stir in the fruits, onion, peppers and garlic.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until thickened and heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 44 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
May 26, 2012
No one in the family was enthusiastic about this -- a bit bland, though it was better after chilling overnight. Very easy and a good idea in theory., but I don't think I'll make it again.
Jul 23, 2010
different and very tasty, I big hit at parties