Fruit Salad with Marshmallows
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1-1/2 cups halved red seedless grapes
- 1-1/2 cups halved green grapes
- 1 jar (10 ounces) red maraschino cherries, halved, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) green maraschino cherries, halved, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Just before serving, add sour cream and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 149 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Nov 26, 2012
This is not a new recipe. This known as Ambrosia Salad. I would never put the sour cream in at the last minute. It needs to be put in after all the fruit is mixed so the flavors blend and chill together.
Nov 9, 2011
I will make this again, but I would add the sour cream and then refrigerate it for several hours. My family thought that it tasted better the next day. The sour cream didn't provide enough flavor for us. Once the fruit juices mixed with it a bit, it was great.
Jun 20, 2010
it looks really good
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.