The vibrant colors make this dish a pretty first course or light dessert. I've always been a fan of savory hollandaise, so I created this version for fruit, explains Patricia Harmon, Baden, Pennsylvania.
Recommended: 23 Spring Salad Ideas That’ll Up Your Veggie Game
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 medium nectarine, chopped
- 1 medium kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Whisk the lime juice, honey and nutmeg; pour over fruit. Toss to coat.
- In another bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; drizzle over salad. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fruit Salad with Lemon Dressing in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p33